Decotek Automotive are currently recruiting for a dynamic Health and Safety Graduate onsite in Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
This a permanent position, that would suit a graduate/Junior health and safety officer with 6 months to 1 years’ experience, with a minimum of a diploma in health and safety.
- Assists the Health and Safety Officer in implementing the identified safety and health management systems.
- Assists Cell Leaders and Managers in accident investigations.
- Carry out regular safety inspections in all areas and ensuring CAPA implementation.
- Provide health and safety training to employees such as manual handling, toolbox talks and safety induction.
- Carry out risk assessments on existing and new processes and equipment.
- Organisation and presentations for various meetings including safety rep meetings and incident reviews, and following up on actions arising.
- Document Control: responsible for ensuring Emergency Plan, Safety Procedures, Safety Statement; are up to date.
- Data Entry: responsible for logging of Incidents, Near Misses and Good Saves, Inspections, Toolbox Talks and production of reports on monthly or weekly basis.
Experience, Training and Work-related skills required:
- Third level qualification or diploma in Health and Safety is essential.
- In Depth Knowledge of Irish H&S Legislation and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint computer packages.
- Passion for people and their safety.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.