We are currently recruiting a Graduate Chemical Engineer at our site in Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
It is the responsibility of the Graduate Chemical Engineer to support the Plant Chemical Engineer in the development of all chemical based production processes in Decotek Automotive whilst ensuring that the requirements of the customers are fully met. The Graduate Chemical Engineer also has responsibility for the maintenance and development of the Paint Plant and Anodising Department for the ongoing production on site.
- As Graduate Chemical Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Analysis and monitoring of Paint Plant and Anodising process in order to improve yield and reduce downtime.
- Analysis and monitoring of Anodising Process in order to improve yield and reduce downtime and the effect on the Paint Plant and Anodising process.
- Support of all laboratories in the plant to ensure consistency of test methods.
- Improve process documentation where necessary.
- Analysis of process data to reduce inefficiency.
- Lead teams to improve process consistency.
- Keep up to date with developments in chemical finishing process.
- Ensure that all environmental requirements are met.
- Assist in audits of the process areas.
- Ensure products are to agreed quality standard and manufactured on time.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met.
- Keep all key process related documentation up to date. E.g. FMEAs, Control Plans, Work Instructions.
- Ensure that processes remain within specification through monitoring and testing.
- Recommend and implement improvements in the processes with a view to increasing yield and repeatability.
- Lead and manage process related improvement teams.
Inter personal skills
- Persuasive – influence personnel.
- Lead teams through projects.
- Develop personnel
- Ability to explain chemical process to various levels.
- Coaching skills.
Please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided.