We are currently recruiting an Automation Engineer at our site in Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
As Automation Engineer your primary role will be to provide support to production by trouble-shooting issues effectively and by driving operating activities to maximize machine efficiencies and output. You will coordinate changeovers and perform preventative and routine maintenance programs.
You will report directly to the Maintenance Manager
As Automation Engineer your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivering a high quality and reliable automation system
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns
- Provide out of hours phone support to technicians as required
- The AE must ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely and in line with the maintenance strategy
- Responsible for carrying out planned work.
- Ongoing improvements to the machinery’s performance
- Updating the safety systems
- Develop Robot programs for new products and improve existing programs
- Create develop and modify PLC programs
- Sourcing and ordering spare and replacement automation components
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Possess Electro/mechanical maintenance experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem-solving.
- PLC Programming, Omron, Siemens, and Mitsubishi.
- ABB and Kuka Robot programming.
- Good knowledge of automated controls and controls systems.
- Familiar with machine safety.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic experience.
- Able to work autonomously and within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Technical qualification required.
If you are interested in this position, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided.